Located in the Heart of the City, City Park is one of Atlantics most popular parks. Consisting of an Open shelter with Restrooms, plenty of benches throughout, the historical log cabin and Veterans War Mememoral . City Park is where most City festivals and events take place.
Operating Hours & Seasons
6 am to Sunset
Visit Get Directions
10 West 7th St., Atlantic, IA 50022
- Historical Log Cabin: as put up by the Atlantic Rotary Club as a Bicentennial Project in 1976. The cabin was originally built by John Gingery in 1863, and was located on the Charles Gipple farm in Pymosa Township. The 14 × 18 foot cabin was disassembled and brought to the park, where it serves as Santa’s headquarters at Christmas time.
- War Memorials: The monument with statues commemorating soldiers of different wars is located on the east side of the park, along Chestnut Street.
- City Park Shelter w/ restrooms and kitchen area
- Farmers Market every Thursday Evening
- Picknicking (Picnic Tables)
City Park Shelter
Capacity 1 to 30 people
- Thursdays, from June to October: Farmers Market “Produce in the Park” @ 4:30- 6:30pm
- August ?: “Atlanticfest”