Schools & Colleges
Residents in Cass County, Iowa benefit from an excellent educational system for their children, and many residents also take advantage of the higher education opportunities available.
There are many preschool options throughout the county.
- Atlantic Early Learning Center
- Ann Wickman Child Development Center
- Jack and Jill Preschool
- Kids Come First/Little Lambs Preschool
The mission of the Atlantic Community School District, in collaboration with home and community, is to prepare all learners to be creative, innovative and productive citizens and workers in a changing society, by providing diversified opportunities to learn and apply relevant skills and knowledge in a positive, disciplined and challenging environment.
The Atlantic Community School District consists of:
- Washington Elementary (K-3rd grade)
- Schuler Elementary (4th-5th grade)
- Atlantic Middle School (6th-8th grade)
- Atlantic High School (9th-12th grade)
- Achievement Center
Cumberland-Anita-Massena (CAM Cougars)
CAM School District serves the towns of Anita, Cumberland and Massena and surrounding areas. As a leading innovator, they also offer one of the states only approved online schools.
- CAM High School (9th-12th grade in Anita)
- CAM Middle School (7th-8th grade in Massena)
- CAM North Elementary (K-6th in Anita)
- CAM South Elementary (K-6th in Massena)
- Iowa Connections Academy (K-12 online school serving the entire state of Iowa)
Griswold Community School District serves the towns of Griswold, Lewis, Lyman, Grant, Elliot and surrounding communities.
- Griswold High School & Middle School (7th-12th grade in Griswold)
- Elliot Elementary School (K-6th grade in Elliot)
- Lewis Elementary School (K-6th grade in Lewis)
Home School Options
The Cass County area offers a thriving homeschool community that works in close connection with each of the public schools. For more information, contact the homeschool coordinator for any of the schools above.
The Iowa Western Community College Cass County Center provides students with a variety of college credit courses and continuing education noncredit courses. For more information, call 712.243.5527.