Reminder: Storywalks are still happening! Cass County Conservation Board partnered with the city libraries, and the Atlantic Area Chamber of Commerce and their “Explore, Discover, Share” campaign. This year’s Summer reading theme is “On your mark, get ready, set, READ!” We are doing story walks as part of this exercise/Olympic theme. With the idea to get people out into the parks and read! This great idea got even better by partnering with the Atlantic Area Chamber of Commerce and their “Explore, Discover, Share” campaign that will kick off in June when we do our story walks but also go all the way to October with the campaign! Look for the “Explore, Discover, Share” signs to help lead the way. Also other Cass County Parks will be participating in the “Explore, Discover, Share” campaign. The StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration the Kellogg Hubbard Library. StoryWalk® is a registered service mark owned by Ms. Ferguson. A story walk® involves reading a story that is posted along a trail. At the end of the book take a selfie at the last page, upload it to www.explorecass.com under Cass County Libraries album. Don’t forget to include the appropriate hashtag #. Cass County Conservation’s hashtag is #cassccbia; Atlantic Area Chamber’s hashtag is #MyAtlanticIA, please use those as well as the ones listed. Enter to win prizes! Vote for your favorite photos. The story walks® will be put up Friday morning and taken down by 4:30 Monday afternoon. They are come and read as you please event! If you complete all of the StoryWalks® you will be entered in for a chance at a grand prize! Some towns are doing more than one story walk and some libraries are also doing their own StoryWalks® as part of the summer library reading program. Below is the remainder of StoryWalks® left:
- Lewis Library StoryWalk® June 22nd 1PM. Meet at the Lewis Library.
- Lewis StoryWalk® June 24th-27th. Hitchcock Recreational Area (63788 567th St) – walk starts near the barn. #lewisialibrary
- Massena StoryWalk® July 1st-4th. Outdoor Educational Classroom (76977 Tucson Rd)- Butterfly Garden. #massenalibrary
- Griswold StoryWalk® July 8th- 11th. Three books/walks: Griswold City Park (500 Whitney street), Wooden Park (600 1st street) and Fish Farm Park (Hwy 48.) #griswoldlibrary
- Come out and “Explore, Discover, Share” by participating in our free StoryWalks®!