Summer 2020 has been far from typical, but Healthy Cass County wants to make sure kids are “still havin’ fun!” Healthy Cass County is asking for community donations for “Still Havin’ Fun Summer 2020,” a project to get outdoor toys to kids throughout Cass County. A list of suggested items is below. Healthy Cass County welcomes new and used toys, as well as monetary donations. “We know folks may have ordered items for fairs or parades that are no longer happening,” commented Atlantic Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Bailey Smith. “If they’re kid-friendly, those items might be great to donate!” Cass County Wellness Coordinator Brigham Hoegh noted, “Big thank you to The Lions for already donating $250 to this project!”
Still Havin’ Fun! Summer 2020 Donation Wish List:
- Balls (Soccer, basketball, football, beachball, etc.)
- Biodegradable water balloons
- Jump ropes
New and gently-used donations are welcome through August 10. Healthy Cass County is partnering with organizations that work with youth to distribute toys to children throughout
the county in August. For the most up-to-date list of donation sites, visit www.extension.iastate.edu/cass/.
Donation sites as of July 15:
- Nishna Valley YMCA (1100 Maple St., Atlantic) Mon – Fri 4:30 AM – 8 PM.
- Cass County ISU Extension Office (805 W 10th St., Atlantic) Mon- Fri 8 AM – 4:30 PM.
- Anita Public Library (812 3rd St., Anita) Mon. 12-6 PM, Wed. 10 AM – 6 PM, Fri. 12-5 PM, Sat. 9 AM – 12 PM.
- Cumberland Care & Share (Methodist Church) (317 Monroe St., Cumberland) July 15, August 5, 3-4 PM.
- Griswold Public Library (505 Main St. Griswold) Mon., Wed., Fri. 10AM-12PM, 1-4PM.
Those interested in in making bulk or monetary donations should contact Cass County Wellness Coordinator Brigham Hoegh at email@example.com or 712-249-5870.
For more information on local wellness events or resources, follow Healthy Cass County on Facebook @HealthyCassCounty.