Business Hours: Monday – Friday | 8 am – 4:30 pm | Subject to Cass County Holidays
Cass County Courthouse
5 West 7th Street
Atlantic, IA 50022
(712) 243 4570
fax: (712) 243-4572
- 2020 Primary Election Precincts
- Cass County Precinct Map.pdf
- Supervisor Districts Map
- Cass School Districts Precincts.pdf
- House Statewide Map.pdf
- Congress Statewides Map.pdf
- Non-Party Nomination Form
- Application for Absentee Ballot
- Iowa Voter Registration
- State of Iowa Petition Requesting Election (2-P)
- City Candidate Papers
- General Election Candidate Forms
- Primary Election Candidate Forms
- School Candidate Papers
- Application for On-Premise Liquor License
- Application for Off-Premise Liquor License
- Application for Retail Cigarette Permit (70-014b)
- Passport Application
Current Election Information, Results & Sample Ballots are available under County Government > Elections
Duties of the Auditor’s Office
Clerk to Board of Supervisors
The Auditor prepares meeting agendas and notifies the media, maintains all official records of meeting minutes, Board voting records, resolutions, contracts, and correspondence. The office publishes the proceedings and other legal notices.
County Commissioner of Elections
The auditor administers all federal, state, and local elections that take place in the county. Responsibilities include voter registrations, absentee voting, recruitment and training of precinct election officials, printing and counting ballots, receiving nomination papers and notifying voters of elections, certifying results to the state or political subdivision involved and issues certificates of election to the proper person.
The Auditor receives and compiles budget information from the various county departments and presents it to the Board of Supervisors and monitors the budget throughout the fiscal year. Budgets of other governmental entities are filed with the Auditor such as: Schools, Cities, Townships, Agricultural Extension, Emergency Management, County Assessor, E911 Service Board, etc.
The Auditor completes an annual financial report at the end of each fiscal year. Payroll is processed by this office. Claims for all services and materials rendered and charged to the various county departments are submitted to this office for payment.
Property Transfer and County Plats
The Auditor enters and maintains records of all real estate transfers in the county. The Auditor keeps the plat maps and transfer books current so the public can examine them and determine property ownership.
The Auditor receives the assessed valuations from the county assessor and applies the biannual equalization and annual rollback to produce the taxable valuation for each property in the county. The auditor processes taxes and produces a tax book for the county treasurer.
The Auditor processes cigarette licenses, beer & liquor permits for businesses in unincorporated areas.
Passport Acceptance Facility
The auditor’s office is a passport acceptance facility for the US Dept of State Federal Passport Agency.
Passport Information and Application
The Cass County Auditor’s Office is a passport acceptance agent for the US Department of State Federal Passport Agency.
The friendly and knowledgeable staff at the Auditor’s office can assist U.S. citizens, who meet the passport application requirements, with obtaining a U.S. Passport Book or Passport Card.
The passport application is available in our office or may be accessed by clicking here Passport Application.
Items needed to apply for a Passport Book or Passport Card:
- 1. Passport application – print legibly in black ink. DO NOT sign until the application is presented to the accepting agent.
- One passport photos.
- A certified copy of your birth certificate and/or previous passport. The birth certificate must be issued from the state or the county, NOT the hospital.
- Driver’s license or other government issued photo ID.
- Two checks for each application. Money orders are acceptable. We do not accept debit or credit cards.
- Each person applying for a passport must present himself/herself to the acceptance agent, including a child.
- Parental consent is needed for minor children:
If applicant is 16 or 17:
- Applicant must appear in person, sign application and show driver’s license.
- Parental consent is required by at least one parent appearing in person with their driver’s license.
If applicant is UNDER 16:
- Applicant must appear in person.
- Parental consent is required by BOTH parents appearing in person with their driver’s license. Ask for details if one of the parents is unable to appear in person.
Passport applications are accepted in the Cass County, Iowa Auditor’s Office Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M..
For more information call the Auditor’s Office at 712.243.4570