Leading Cass County
Leading Cass County
A Place-Based Leadership Curriculum
Leading Cass County is designed to identify, cultivate and direct future leaders for our local communities.
Leading Communities is a research based program developed by ISU Extension and Outreach and the University of Wisconsin Extension. It is designed to teach community members skills they need for interacting and working together to promote sustainable community development.
Participants will interact with local leaders and learn about Cass County resources during community tours and presentations. Class sessions and tours will rotate around the county, showcasing the diversity of services in Cass County. A certificate will be awarded to participants who successfully fulfill the requirements of the leadership program.
Four Core Skill Sets
- Understanding community leadership and your community
- Identifying issues and framing ideas
- Building social capital
- Mobilizing resources for community action
Personal and Professional Growth
- Enhance your personal leadership abilities
- Expand your network of leaders in the community
- Find opportunities for future leadership in your career and community
- Expand your awareness of challenges and opportunities in Cass County
Tuition is $350 per person and will cover the class, lunch and tours each month.
- Participant applications are due by noon on Wednesday, September 15, 2021 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participant notification by September 16, 2021
- Program runs the second Tuesday of every month beginning September 2021 – April 2022. The first class will begin September 21.
For more details on the program and a list of class dates, topics and locations, click the information brochure below:
To apply, fill out the application below and return to the Cass County Extension Office or, email email@example.com, by noon on Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
ISU Extension and Outreach in Cass County
Contact: Kate Olson
Atlantic Area Chamber of Commerce
Contact: Bailey Smith
Cass/Atlantic Development Corp.
Contact: Jennifer McEntaffer