The Chamber is pleased to announce the monthly winner of the Shop Local Passport Program. The November winner is Kevin Garrett, who shopped local at Cappel’s Ace Hardware. He received $50 in Passport Bucks, only to be used at participating businesses.
The Atlantic Area Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First Whitney Bank and participating Chamber Members kicked off the passport program at the beginning of June.
“We’ve had an awesome response to this program over the last 6 months,” Bailey Smith, Programs Director at the Atlantic Area Chamber of Commerce said.
“The Atlantic Area really has everything you need and this program has educated community members in that fact and has shown them what shopping local does for the community,” mentioned Smith.
This shopping incentive rewards shoppers for shopping local and keeps dollars in our community supporting families, employees, business owners and benefiting local schools and community projects. Small businesses have created over 8 million jobs since 1990 and donate 250% more than big business to non-profits and community causes.
The Shop Local Passport campaign has 24 participating businesses allowing shoppers to get everything they need right here in Atlantic. Since the campaign kicked off, 2,431 passports have been entered into the contest. That’s a total of $425,425.00 spent just at participating businesses, helping to increase L.O.S.T (Local Option Sales Tax).
“This campaign has been so fun to continue every month. Shoppers in Atlantic stop in the Chamber to turn in their passports and they are always so proud to be shopping local,” Ouida Hargens, Executive Director, Atlantic Area Chamber of Commerce.
How it works:
- Passports are available for pick up at the Atlantic Area Chamber of commerce or participating businesses.
- You receive stamps in the amount of purchases.
- Once your passport is complete, you have the option to return the completed passport to the Chamber or participating businesses to be entered into a monthly drawing to win Passport Bucks, only redeemable at participating businesses.
- At the end of the year, all the completed passports will be eligible for a Grand Prize drawing! Prizes will include AtlantiCash and items provided by participating businesses.
- To learn more and how to be a winner, please visit atlanticiowa.com.
Thank you to our Proud Partners: First Whitney Bank, Atlantic Motor Supply (NAPA), Brymons Interiors, Brown’s Shoe Fit, Renew Ag Supply and The Upper Cut.
For more details go to www.atlanticiowa.com or contact the Atlantic Area Chamber of Commerce 712-243.3017.